What is included?
- A sheet with the National Curriculum English objectives for Y3/4 which are highlighted to help track and assess the progress of the class; to track coverage of the English curriculum and to show what objectives the unit covers.
- *NEW* Printable child-friendly learning objectives for children’s books.
- Non-chronological report planning for 10 days including possible science cross-curricular links.
- *NEW* Now includes a PowerPoint containing the lesson structure and learning activities for all 10 lessons of the unit which can be presented to the children. The PowerPoint design and content can be adjusted to suit the needs of a class.
- A non-chronological report about the common brushtail possum which includes details about its appearance, habitat, diet and lifecycle.
- *NEW* A non-chronological report about the common brushtail possum that has been simplified for lower-achieving children.
- *NEW* A glossary for the non-chronological report about the common brushtail possum.
- *NEW* Food chain diagram for the common brushtail possum.
- Boxing-up plan for the non-chronological report about the common brushtail possum (differentiated on two levels but there is a writing frame for lower-achieving children).
- Non-chronological report about the common brushtail possum writing frame for lower-achieving children.
- Success Criteria for non-chronological reports (differentiated on three levels).
- Flexible boxing-up plan for independent research into an Australian animal or an animal living in the United Kingdom (differentiated on three levels).
Files included: Planning is a pdf file with a PowerPoint containing lessons.
Digital resources purchased from tour2teach.co.uk are to be used in the original individual school which purchases the resources only.
Resources may not be shared, distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or borough websites, distributed via email, submitted to file sharing sites or shared with another school or institution, even with those within the same academy chain.