What is included?
- A sheet with the National Curriculum English objectives for Y5/6 which are highlighted to help track and assess the progress of the class; to track coverage of the English curriculum and to show what objectives the unit covers.
- *NEW* Printable child-friendly learning objectives for children’s books.
- Explanation planning for 10 days including possible science cross-curricular links.
- *NEW* Now includes a PowerPoint containing the lesson structure and learning activities for all 10 lessons of the unit which can be presented to the children. The PowerPoint design and content can be adjusted to suit the needs of a class.
- ‘How does a Hot Air Balloon Fly?’ Explanation text.
- ‘How does a Hot Air Balloon Fly?’ Technical words glossary.
- Hot air balloon annotated diagram.
- Hot air balloon annotated diagram and explanation (for lower-achieving children).
- Text analysis for ‘How does a Hot Air Balloon Fly?’ Explanation text (for higher-achieving children).
- Boxing-up plan for ‘How does a Hot Air Balloon Fly?’ (differentiated on three levels).
- Success criteria for an explanation text (differentiated on three levels).
- Writing frame for lower-achieving children for ‘How does a Hot Air Balloon Fly?’
- ‘How does a Plane Fly?’ Diagram.
- Boxing-up plan for ‘How does a Plane Fly?’ (differentiated on three levels).
- Writing frame for lower-achieving children for ‘How does a Plane Fly?’
- Instructions for ‘How to Pack a Hot Air Balloon Away.’
Planning is a pdf file and lessons are in a PowerPoint.
Digital resources purchased from tour2teach.co.uk are to be used in the original individual school which purchases the resources only.
Resources may not be shared, distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or borough websites, distributed via email, submitted to file sharing sites or shared with another school or institution, even with those within the same academy chain.