What is included?
- A sheet with the National Curriculum English objectives for Y5/6 which are highlighted to help track and assess the progress of the class; to track coverage of the English curriculum and to show what objectives the unit covers.
- *NEW* Printable child-friendly learning objectives for children’s books.
- Non-chronological report planning for 10 days including possible geography cross-curricular links.
- *NEW* Now includes a PowerPoint containing the lesson structure and learning activities for all 10 lessons of the unit which can be presented to the children. The PowerPoint design and content can be adjusted to suit the needs of a class.
- A non-chronological report about rainforests in Australia which includes details of the general location of rainforests of the world in relation to the equator, Tropic of Cancer and the Tropical Capricorn; the location of Australia’s rainforests; information about what makes a rainforest unique and information about the plants and animals found in Australia’s rainforests.
- A non-chronological report about rainforests in Australia that has been simplified for lower-achieving children.
- A glossary for the non-chronological report about rainforests in Australia.
- Boxing-up plan for the non-chronological report about rainforests in Australia (differentiated on two levels).
- Success Criteria for non-chronological reports (differentiated on three levels but a writing frame is included for lower-achieving children).
- Non-chronological report about rainforests in Australia writing frame for lower-achieving children.
- Boxing-up plan for research into the child’s own independently researched rainforest location (differentiated on three levels).
Planning in a pdf file plus a PowerPoint containing lessons.
Digital resources purchased from tour2teach.co.uk are to be used in the original individual school which purchases the resources only.
Resources may not be shared, distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or borough websites, distributed via email, submitted to file sharing sites or shared with another school or institution, even with those within the same academy chain.