Should Elephants be Kept at Lakeview Zoo?
Newspaper Discussion Text includes:
- An introduction placing the argument in context.
- A discussion of the arguments for and against keeping elephants in zoos set in the fictional context of Lakeview Zoo.
- Arguments for and against keeping elephants in zoos involve the discussion of low breeding rates of elephants in captivity, symptoms of zoochosis, elephant endotheliotropic herpesvirus and the conditions of enclosures.
- Issues are discussed by fictional characters within the newspaper report including the manager of Lakeview Zoo and an Animal Welfare Officer.
- The newspaper discussion concludes with an editorial stating the position of the newspaper on the issue in question.
Should Elephants be Kept at Lakeview Zoo? Persuasion Text for Year 5/6 in a PDF file.
Digital resources purchased from tour2teach.co.uk are to be used in the original individual school which purchases the resources only.
Resources may not be shared, distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or borough websites, distributed via email, submitted to file sharing sites or shared with another school or institution, even with those within the same academy chain.