What is included?
- A sheet with the National Curriculum English objectives for Y5/6 which are highlighted to help track and assess the progress of the class; to track coverage of the English curriculum and to show what objectives the unit covers.
- *NEW* Printable child-friendly learning objectives for children’s books.
- Non-chronological report planning for 10 days including possible science and geography cross-curricular links.
- *NEW* Now includes a PowerPoint containing the lesson structure and learning activities for all 10 lessons of the unit which can be presented to the children. The PowerPoint design and content can be adjusted to suit the needs of a class.
- A non-chronological report about the Great Barrier Reef which includes details of the general location of the Great Barrier Reef; the plants and animals found at the Great Barrier Reef; tourism at the Great Barrier Reef and threats to the Great Barrier Reef.
- A non-chronological report about the Great Barrier Reef that has been simplified for lower-achieving children.
- A glossary for the non-chronological report about the Great Barrier Reef.
- Boxing-up plan for the non-chronological report about the Great Barrier Reef (differentiated on two levels but writing frame included for lower-achieving children).
- Success Criteria for non-chronological reports (differentiated on three levels).
- Non-chronological report about the Great Barrier Reef writing frame for lower-achieving children.
- Boxing-up plan for research into the Whitsunday Islands (differentiated on three levels).
Planning in a pdf file plus a PowerPoint containing lessons.
Digital resources purchased from tour2teach.co.uk are to be used in the original individual school which purchases the resources only.
Resources may not be shared, distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or borough websites, distributed via email, submitted to file sharing sites or shared with another school or institution, even with those within the same academy chain.